[OpenWrt-Devel] Fast build testing [Was: Git mirror with branches, tags and full history]

Eric Schultz eschultz at prplfoundation.org
Thu Dec 3 18:16:34 EST 2015

Rafael,

Thanks for the pointer to KernelCI; what we're doing is similar to Kernel
CI on some level. We're going to be basing this off of the work that QCA
did for BoardFarm (https://github.com/qca/boardfarm). KernelCI focuses on
making sure boards boot but we want to verify booting but also
functionality. We'd test things like "do all the ports work?" and "Does
uhttp respond after boot finishes?" Additionally, we want this to be as
reusable as possible; if you want to run your own board farm framework in
house, the setup will be as turnkey as possible. That said, I think it's
possible we'll reuse some of what they've done with KernelCI, particularly
for UI.

If any of that sounds interesting to folks, we'd love to have you involved!

Eric

--
Eric Schultz, Community Manager, prpl Foundation
http://www.prplfoundation.org
eschultz at prplfoundation.org
cell: 920-539-0404
skype: ericschultzwi