[OpenWrt-Devel] Compile kernel modules with SDK

Marcos Lois Bermúdez marcos.lois at teratic.com
Thu Aug 20 13:42:35 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to build kernel modules using the SDK, I already can build 3rd
party kernel modules with OpenWrt-SDK. But after searching in the lists i
can't find how compile a linux kernel module not included in OpenWrt
Release.

I also compiled this modules using buildroot, but this will compile a
entire linux kernel, it's a bit overkill, also I want kmod packages be
binary compatible with OpenWrt oficial releases, because I want make this
modules available to anybody that wants it.

I use Chaos Calmer 15.05 RC3 SDK :
OpenWrt-SDK-15.05-rc3-x86-64_gcc-4.8-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2.Linux-x86_64

It runs on Jetway NF9HQL Mini-ITX Motherboard
http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/NF9H.html

And want to build some modules that some atom embedded board has: sensors,
hwmon, etc.

Can be possible to simple compile linux kernel modules that was omitted in
the official release with the SDK?

Regards,
Marcos