[OpenWrt-Devel] ar71xx: RB435G PCI does not support minipci sata module (PER-C20S)

Marek Behun kabel at blackhole.sk
Mon Aug 17 11:32:42 EDT 2015

Hi,
I recently acquired a RouterBoard 435G. There are 5 minipci slots on
this board, so I bought the PER-C20S minipci sata module to add SATA
storage to the board. The PER-C20S is supported by kernel module
sata_sil. RouterBoard 435G is an ar71xx board, the PCI setup is done in
arch/mips/ath79/mach-rb4xx.c.

I can't understand why wireless minipci cards do work (I am using
Mikrotik R52N-M) but when I connect the PER-C20S module to the minipci
slot, it does not work, and neither does the wireless card when the
sata module is connected, as if the sata module broke the PCI drivers
somehow.

Is the PCI subsystem on this board supported only for wireless cards?

Thank you.

MB