[OpenWrt-Devel] lighttpd 1.4.36 and file descriptors limit issue - OpenWrt related?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:00:58 EDT 2015

There is an issue with handling relatively big (4 MiB+) files in
lighttpd after the upgrade to the 1.4.36:
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues/1658
It seems lighttpd is running out of file descriptors and is replying with:
413 - Request Entity Too Large

I also reported this issue upstream:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.lighttpd/5370

I received following suggestion (on the IRC) pointing OpenWrt kernel:
[19:45] <sztanpet> i shall blame the openwrt kernel
[19:45] <rmilecki> sztanpet: what exactly? I can modify the config if needed
[19:45] <rmilecki> or the sources if you have anything to test
[19:45] <sztanpet> i have no idea
[19:45] <rmilecki> oh
[19:46] <sztanpet> but since the issue is such a core issue that
everyone would be seeing it and that is not the case, that tells me
its probably not lighttpd

Can you think of anything in OpenWrt kernel that could cause such a problem?

--
Rafał