[OpenWrt-Devel] "3-address Wi-Fi bridging" (was: Multiple Wi-Fi client/AP interfaces on one radio)

David Lang david at lang.hm
Sun Aug 9 06:45:42 EDT 2015

Well, if you are going to be modifying the GUI and adding a button to chagne
between two configs, where you store the two configs is going to be up to you.

When the button is clicked, you need to copy the approriate config to
/etc/config/wireless and run the wifi command to restart wifi with the new
config (I don't know the exact command to run, do wifi -h and look for a restart
option). Or, since the other LUCI stuff writes the file and then restarts
things, you can copy that code (which you will be looking at when you modify it
to include the new button and related functionality)

the files/ process lets you put whatever files you want in place to then use via
your change to LUCI.

for details of how to change the LUCI code, you should ask on it's development
mailing list.

David Lang