[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq DSL drivers / firmware info

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Apr 29 11:44:03 EDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-04-07 at 00:00 +0200, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:

> Feel free to send me the details how to get more versions into this
> list (please be aware that I need a link to a public hosted file that
> *everyone* can download).

You can run the "w921v_fw_cutter" also on newer firmware for that, e.g.
http://hilfe.telekom.de/dlp/eki/downloads/Speedport/Speedport%20W%20921V/Firmware_Speedport_W921V_1.34.000.bin

which gets you a file with
filename: vr9_dsl_fw_annex_b.bin
version: 5.6.7.6.1.7-5.6.7.2.1.2
sha1sum: 1e472dad0eda88281af7c00cd3f49fcc29d4fa83
filesize: 877836
Firmware1:
	PLATFORM: 5
	PLATFORM_STR: VRX200
	APPLICATION_TYPE: 7
	APPLICATION_TYPE_STR: VDSL over ISDN incl. vectoring support
	VERSION_STR: 6.7.6
	RELEASE_STATUS: 1
	RELEASE_STATUS_STR: Pre-Release
Firmware2:
	PLATFORM: 5
	PLATFORM_STR: VRX200
	APPLICATION_TYPE: 2
	APPLICATION_TYPE_STR: ADSL Annex B
	VERSION_STR: 6.7.2
	RELEASE_STATUS: 1
	RELEASE_STATUS_STR: Pre-Release

> While I was at it I researched if there was a newer driver version
> that the one we currently have in OpenWrt (v4.11.4).
> There was an update to v4.11.11 like 9 months ago, which was reverted
> because it was not working for everyone.
> Since I was not sure if the old driver could handle newer DSL
> firmwares I searched if I could find anything newer than v4.11.11 -
> and I found v4.15.2 in BT Home Hub 5A's sources (unfortunately with
> all build files stripped off).

Did you figure out which firmware that can deal with? Have you tried
running it? I could try running it with vectoring.

johannes