[OpenWrt-Devel] mediatek mt7601u?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Fri Sep 19 13:24:16 EDT 2014

Hello,

I just received an usb wifi adapter that I wanted to use with an openwrt
router, but the Chinese lottery, instead of the expected chipset, gave
me an adapter based on the ralink/mediatek mt7601u.

I managed to make it work on the laptop with the supplied driver and a
couple of patches

http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/mt7601u-usb/ (it's actually
3.0.0.4, not 3.0.0.2)

http://www.arnelborja.com/compiling-rt2870-wifi-driver-in-fedora/
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg126291.html

I made an openwrt recipe but it doesn't work (I see the interface but as
soon as I try to ifconfig up it segfaults), I guess it's an endianness
problem (I also tried without the second patch, just in case).

I suppose that nobody tried this chipset with openwrt (at least google
doesn't think so), but there's no harm in asking, right?

Oh, the router usb port it's fine, at least it works with another usb
wifi adapter (rt73).

TIA
--
Luca