[OpenWrt-Devel] [packages] ddns-scripts: New Version ready for contribution incl. new LuCI Application

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 11:55:29 EDT 2014

Hi,

I prepared a new Version of ddns-scripts incl. the LuCI Application.

NEW in scripts:
- IPv6 support
- force communication to IPv4 or IPv6 only
- DNS server support
- using BIND host if installed
- DNS requests via TCP
- Proxy server support
- log file support
- support to run once

NEW in LuCI Application:
- Status Entry in "System-Status"
- Configuration Overview
- Tabbed Details with log-file viewer tab
- support for above additional parameters

Both working with existing /etc/config/ddns configuration. New functionality uses new options.
Inside Luci App and inside scripts all settings are verified before saved to config / before starting main loop.

But because the 2 main scripts dynamic_dns_functions.sh and dynamic_dns_updater.sh are rewritten and
the LuCI App uses parts of dynamic_dns_functions.sh to verify settings and has many new translations
it does not work with the "old" scripts.
I would prefer to contribute as new package ddns-scripts-v2 and luci-ddns-v2 inside LuCI application tree.

Before I do, I would like to ask if this fulfill your "new packages" policies.
Or should I prepare a (full) replacement of existing ddns-scripts and luci-ddns
inside TRUNK of OpenWrt AND LuCI

Christian