[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq vdsl2
blogic at openwrt.org
Wed Oct 29 13:21:13 EDT 2014
i get asked this question regularly. the answer is somewhat complicated
as wonky licenses are involved.
here are the plain facts, interpret them yourself please.
* you are the 4th person to ask this month.
* the fw blob has a license that prevents us from redistributing it.
* if i tell people where to get the blob from then i give advise on how
to break the license (and i don't want to be held accountable)
* lantiq was very foss friendly between 2009 and 2012. currently there
is a cold breeze.
* we have reported this problem to them over years, repeatedly
* we have been told for years that they are working on a solution
* we are still waiting
On 29/10/2014 16:57, John Crispin wrote:
>> I understood that the vendor is using openwrt as their SDK and claims to be
>> friendly with us. So how come there no usable fw in owrt and things are
>> rather chaotic?
> i hate this question and wish people would stop asking me on a regular
> basis. before i start a huge rant i will take a couple of hours to think
> of a politically correct reply.
> openwrt-devel mailing list
> openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
openwrt-devel mailing list
openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
More information about the openwrt-devel