[OpenWrt-Devel] RT3352F GMAC support for external MDIO switches

Jasper Mokkink japser10 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:52:21 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to get my router to work with openwrt for a couple of
weeks. My router is a ramips RT3352F based device from Sitecom.

The router also has an external RTL8367rb switch that is to be controlled
via MDIO.

As I have been told by blogic in this ticket
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/17896 , the RT3352F does not have gmac1
support.

There is another router that is somewhat similar. The Sitecom WL-351 has a
RT3052 with an external RTL8366rb switch. There was a thread going on the
forums ( https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=40150 ) where the
support for this router was being discussed. It appeared that trunk did not
fuction on this device. Attitude adjustment however was reported to work.

I tried to get Attitude adjustment going on my router with the driver for
my switch compiled in the kernel. This however was not working. The switch
was not detected.

The switch is supposed to communicate on port 5.

I have been studying the ethernet patch for a while but can not find a way
to get my switch to work.

I don't know for example if adding mdio support alone is enough, and if so
how to do this.

Is anyone here willing to help me, or at least give me some tips as to what
I have to do/change in the patch?