[OpenWrt-Devel] cyassl is causing build errors

Florian Fainelli florian at openwrt.org
Mon Oct 13 23:25:53 EDT 2014

> I've experienced many build errors on bb-14.07 because of cyassl.

Is there a build log somewhere that shows these build failures or is
just download issues at this point?

> For your information, cyassl can't be downloaded directly from its
> official site. There is a form that needs to be filled before Wolfssl
> allows downloading of cyassl-3.2.0.zip. Any attemt to download cyassl
> directly will cause redirection to html download form here.
>
> http://wolfssl.com/yaSSL/download/downloadForm.php
>
> To simplify the download process, I suggest preparing pre-downloaded
> cyassl source on OpenWrt mirror and modifying PKG_SOURCE_URL accordingly
> and removing http://www.yassl.com from PKG_SOURCE_URL.

I am not seeing any checkbox for downloading cyassl-3.2.0.zip per se,
so I don't know whether this is a bug on their form, their form is
there because of the cryptography software restrictions that apply to
exporting such technology to other countries.

IANAL, but this export compliance restriction is not necessarily in
contradiction with GPLv2, so it is not as simple as putting their zip
archive on downloads.openwrt.org, by the same token, the agreement
button is about GPLv2, not the export compliance, so we might be just
fine after all with offering an alternate download method.
--
Florian