[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWRT support for MPR-A1

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 22:56:11 EDT 2014

Hi,

Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> writes:
> AFAICT OpenWRT comes with some support for the Hame MPR-A1 thingy
> (although its 16MB of RAM and 4MB of flash probably prevent it from
> being fully supported).

All the recent "2G/3G/4G WiFi routers" (both with and without batteries)
I and my friends were buying from ebay came with 32M RAM, 8M flash.

One of them (battery-less, with a case consisting of two equal halves,
no screws) allowed telnet access and was possible to reflash with "mtd"
(which they apparently stole from OpenWrt) from inside a running system
after placing the OpenWrt image on a usb storage.

The other two (battery-less, had a cap on the USB side, held with a
screw) as well as one with a battery were possible to reflash by
pressing (and holding?) a button while in uboot, that forced them to try
downloading from TFTP, but I do not remember any details as the first
thing I did was conneting serial console, and so the procedure was
trivial.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com