[OpenWrt-Devel] [PATCH] comgt: add ncm proto support
bjorn at mork.no
Thu Oct 9 10:47:39 EDT 2014
John Crispin <blogic at openwrt.org> writes:
> i am currently using a vodafone k5105 which is a huawei rebrand. at
> 150 euro its very expensive. any other good ones ?
I find it impossible to recommend any specific modems because important
firmware features like MBIM depend on both operator branding and
geographical target area. But I can list the MBIM modems I have:
- Huawei E367 with MBIM firmware. I have no idea whether this is
available anywhere in the world today. I know most of the E367s were
QMI only. That's of course only a firmware issue, but that doesn't
help much as long as the firmware isn't available.
- D-Link DWM-156 rev A7. This might be a safer bet on the cheap side.
I haven't seen any non MBIM variants for that specific revision. But
I wouldn't be suprised if they exist either, so the usual warnings
The rest of my MBIM modems are mini-PCIe or m.2, and also very
- Ericsson H5321gw (with newer firmware), halfsize mini-PCIe
- Sierra Wireless MC7710 (with newer firmware, depending on cfg),
- Sierra Wireless EM7345, m.2 (3042)
openwrt-devel mailing list
openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
More information about the openwrt-devel