[OpenWrt-Devel] desperately seeking info on this weird MT7620A/MT7610EN dev board

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Oct 8 04:32:21 EDT 2014

On Wed, 8 Oct 2014, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> Citeren "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>:
>
> >On Tue, 7 Oct 2014, Aaron Z wrote:

> > >Any chance that it has an FCC ID, chip model numbers or other
> > >regulatory body unique number on it that you could share?
> > >I realize that you are in Canada and its a off brand board but you
> > >never know, the OEM might have used the same FCC number when they
> > >cloned the board...
> >
> >  ah, just noticed that /proc/cpuinfo identifies this as a "HiWiFi JI2
> >Board", whatever the heck that is. google is not being particularly
> >helpful.
> >
> >rday
> >
> >p.s. just for the heck of it, i started a wiki page and recorded a
> >bunch of board info:
> >
> >http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/OpenWrt_Pandora
>
> Looking at the image posted earlier, it has several approval
> markings, so that I wouldn't expect this to be a development board
> (you don't spend time and money on approvals for development
> boards). Isn't this just the internals of the Pandora's Hope router
> (Pro version) marketed by http://www.cleanrouter.com/? The
> screenshots from the manual on their site seem to confirm that it is
> running some version of OpenWRT.

  i'm looking at this page:

http://www.cleanrouter.com/home/product

and the processor is shown as an atheros AR7161, though. also, the
pandoras hope router apparently has 4 wired ports, and this board has
only two. at the risk of abusing this mailing list a bit more, i took
a pic of the top of the board and attached it, if that helps.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca