[OpenWrt-Devel] kernel changes on recompilation?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Oct 2 07:03:15 EDT 2014

>>>>> "Nishant" == Nishant Sharma <codemarauder at gmail.com> writes:

Nishant> [...] I never did a clean or dir clean but yes I enabled a
Nishant> few packages and modules with new requirements.

Nishant> Which is fine by my own thinking. And just for adding
Nishant> e.g. batman-adv to existing devices in the field, it becomes
Nishant> a pain to reflash them due to kernel hash change.

Nishant> Any more pointers please?

I'm not sure this works, but it was once suggested that building all
the otherwise unselected kernel modules as <M> would result in a
consistent hash.  If true, then you can add these to your image later,
or install them later without the hash clash.

Please test and report back :-)

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net