[OpenWrt-Devel] libdlna won't build, allegedly due to missing dependencies

Ted Hess thess at kitschensync.net
Sun Nov 16 11:59:25 EST 2014

On 16.11.2014 09:45, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i checked trac and it seems that there is (still?) an ongoing issue
> with building libdlna, as i was trying to do for a tp-link archer c7
> v2:
>
> cc1: note: someone does not honour COPTS correctly, passed 2 times
> src/libdlna.so: undefined reference to `av_find_stream_info'
> src/libdlna.so: undefined reference to `av_close_input_file'
> Makefile:36: recipe for target 'test-libdlna' failed
> make[4]: *** [test-libdlna] Error 1
>
>   that seems to match what i see here:
>
> https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11666
>
> is there a suggested fix for this? or i can just deselect it for now.
>
> rday

Since both libdlna and ushare are discontinued by the developer and no
longer maintained, I would suggest you use minidlna instead. If that is not
satisfactory, then someone needs to volunteer to move these packages to the
active Github repo, take ownership of the maintenance and bring them
up-to-date.

I also recommend these packages be moved to the packages-abandoned repo.

/ted