[OpenWrt-Devel] "Runlevel" support for procd

Karl Palsson karlp at tweak.net.au
Tue Jul 29 13:41:54 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 07:05:01PM +0200, Matthias Schiffer wrote:
> Our Freifunk firmware framework Gluon [1] based on OpenWrt provides a
> special first-run wizard, the config mode/setup mode. In this mode,
> almost no normal services are started, and a minimal (failsafe-like)
> network configuration is used (via netifd's -c switch which was added by
> an earlier patch by me).
>
> In Attitude Adjustment, we did this through a very hacky init script
> which was ordered before S20network and just blocked forever to prevent
> the other init scripts from running.

We use uci-defaults/80_initial_install and 90_every_install and a regular init script called "every_boot"
that just use flags set in the system block of uci. (the initial install sets a flag) We do this for very similar purposes, to have a
default "factory" network setup, that we don't modify again, some checks that can run on every sysupgrade,
and some things that run on every boot.

Would this be sufficient?  Our "first install" script doesn't try and run before default networking, it
just resets things as it sees fit.

Cheers,
Karl P