[OpenWrt-Devel] In Kernel DNS resolver

Althaff Mohideen althaff_mohideen at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 11:21:33 EDT 2014

Hello All,

I'm trying to use the in Kernel DNSzç resolver module in one of my kernel modules for a project. I can't seem to find an example or asimilar implementation on the NET (I combed the Net for 4 days with no productive results).

I got the module added to my Openwrt Image through menuconfig (added all dependents). In the man page there is a mention of dns.upcall tool, I can't seem to find this  tool anywhere. I manged to add the cifs.upcall through kernel_menuconfig.

I will really appreciate your DETAILED (sample code) help on this please.

My exact requirement is to do a reverse DNS probe for a given IP in kernel space.

Thanking you ever much,
Best Regards,

Mohideen