[OpenWrt-Devel] luci-app-minidlna disables minidlna?

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 06:36:31 EDT 2014

Am 21.07.2014 11:18, schrieb Bruno Randolf:
> Hi Garbor,
>
> In luci-app-mindlna we find the following in
> /etc/uci-defaults/luci-minidlna:
>
> 3	/etc/init.d/minidlna enabled && {
> 4	    /etc/init.d/minidlna stop
> 5	    /etc/init.d/minidlna disable
> 6	}
>
> Which disables MiniDLNA startup and is a quite unexpected side-effect of
> installing a web-interface "plugin", don't you think? Any reason for
> this? Can this be removed?
>
> bruno

found some other luci-apps enabling the service during package installation.
I think luci-apps should leave the current status of installed services untouched.
If a service is configured and luci installation disable the service thats not good.
In the other case (i.e. luci-app-samba) enabling a service during installation or
during build via make or imagebuilder is also not good because the service is not yet configured.
In general it's easy to enable/disable services via LuCi interface.

Christian

---