[OpenWrt-Devel] IEEE 802.11 TDMA mode support in OpenWRT

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:49:35 EDT 2014

Hi Ben,

TDMA doesn't require synchronization between the radios. This would be
Ubiquiti's AirSync technology and that's for another usage. When you
have two or mode radios colocated in a tower receiving and transmitting
at the same time so it avoids them do it at the same time and
synchronizes Receive and Transmit.

TDMA is more to be used in PtMP environments where you have multiple
customers talking to the AP and they don't see each other, so the AP is
able to organize more correctlly the time each one sends data. That's
probably why it was only implements on proprietary systems usede by
WISPs with different names.

Regards,

Fernando