[OpenWrt-Devel] IEEE 802.11 TDMA mode support in OpenWRT

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Thu Jul 3 14:59:28 EDT 2014

In an old thread on the Battlemesh listserv about strategies for dealing
with a mix of strong / weak clients for PtMP, someone offered this pointer
for JaldMAC, an open 802.11 polling implementation in ath9k:

http://matthias.vallentin.net/papers/nsdr10.pdf
https://github.com/shaddi/jaldimac/commits/master

Unfortunately, that repo has sat idle for over 2 years, and I believe it it
was more a proof of concept rather than a usable implementation.

Also, i believe TDMA requires very tight synchronization between all
radios, hence the inclusion of GPS modules on proprietary implementations.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone aware of any implementation of TDMA mode support in OpenWRT
> (similar to Ubiquiti's AirMAX, Deliberant's iPoll or MikroTik's NV2, etc)
>
> Would that have to be implemented having in mind the radio driver or could
> it possible also be implemented in any router ?
> This is certanlly something significant for more throughput demanding and
> crowded environments.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Fernando

Ben West