[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] mt7620 wifi

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:51:42 EDT 2014

On 1 July 2014 09:57, Xiongfei(Alex) GUO <xfguo at credosemi.com> wrote:
> hi, Roman,
>
> simply try these commands in OpenWrt, then the ethernet will start to work.
>
>     uci set network. at switch_vlan[0].vid=1
>     uci set network. at switch_vlan[1].vid=2
>     uci commit
>     /etc/init.d/network restart

That helped, indeed!
But how come changing the vid via swconfig directly doesn't have any effect?
For example:

root at OpenWrt:/# swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 show
VLAN 1:
        vid: 1
        ports: 1 2 3 4 6t
root at OpenWrt:/# swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 set vid 5
root at OpenWrt:/# swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 show
VLAN 1:
        vid: 1
        ports: 1 2 3 4 6t

Because this is what I saw - the vid was 0 and I tried to set it via
swconfig which didn't help.
To me it still looks that something is broken if I cannot change vid
(pvid or other vlan configuration) via swconfig.

> BTW, I'm not sure my test is right, that I can see the wireless driver
> start, but I cannot find any WIFI with SSID==OpenWrt.

missing eeprom?