[OpenWrt-Devel] batman-adv ipv6

Lars Boegild Thomsen lth at bright-things.com
Sat Dec 20 22:35:16 EST 2014

On Saturday, December 20, 2014 11:46:47 Alexander Couzens wrote:
> maybe this is related to #17625 https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/17625 ?
> (destination mac address of IPv6 neighbour solicitation changed from multi- to unicast (IPv6 partly broken))

I thought so for a while but apparently not.  I _think_ it is related to some firewall changes but I can't pin down exactly what has changed.

Apparently it was mentioned somewhere that some RFC prohibited an IPv6 router to react to router announcements, so if IPv6 forwarding is enabled the WAN interface won't use auto configuration.  And that is actually the current behavior.  IF I disable IPv6 forwarding, the WAN interface does get an IPv6 address.  I guess this behavior makes sense somewhat but I wish I knew what had changed so I could (RFC compliant or not) reenable the old behavior.

//Lars...