[OpenWrt-Devel] Moving all feeds to OpenWrt GitHub organisation

Etienne Champetier champetier.etienne at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 07:39:33 EDT 2014

> > We use git, the day github closes, or asks for money, or ..., we move.
>
> Notice how right after suggesting github, you suggested using
> its bugtracker.  It's only when github closes your access that you
> realize you didn't stick to just "using Git".
>

>         Stefan

Why do you want GitHub to close so bad !!!
If you want we can use (everyone can use)
https://github.com/joeyh/github-backup (first result on google for "backup
github issue")
(also time to check OpenWrt servers off-site backup :) )

If you really want to use OpenWrt track, some work has to be done
 (in the case of Trac losing history would just do the necessary clean-up
faster)

I really prefer taking the "risk" to move feeds (not the core) to GitHub,
in order to "risk" having more contribution.

Please read the Thank you! email by W. Michael Petullo