[FS#4012] Can't login to LUCI but can SSH
openwrt-bugs at lists.openwrt.org
Mon Sep 6 09:14:59 PDT 2021
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, DO NOT REPLY.
A new Flyspray task has been opened. Details are below.
User who did this - Wade (jediwade)
Attached to Project - OpenWrt/LEDE Project
Summary - Can't login to LUCI but can SSH
Task Type - Bug Report
Category - Base system
Status - Unconfirmed
Assigned To -
Operating System - All
Severity - High
Priority - Very Low
Reported Version - openwrt-21.02
Due in Version - Undecided
Due Date - Undecided
Details - Linksys WRT3200ACM
OpenWRT 21.02.0 Stable
Steps to reproduce:
- Install OpenWRT 21.02.0 Stable as a fresh install.
- Visit 192.168.1.1 and sign into Luci (with no password since it is a fresh install), go to System -> Administration and assign a password
- Close the browser window
- Login through SSH and enable HTTPS-redirect for Luci (as mentioned in the release notes: https://openwrt.org/releases/21.02/notes-21.02.0)
- Open a new browser window in Incognito-mode
- Visit 192.168.1.1 (should be redirected to HTTPS and may get browser warning about being unsafe)
- Try to sign into Luci (should get message that the user/password is incorrect)
I have tried clearing my browser cookies, tried disabling the HTTPS redirect, restarted the router manually (power switch on device), tried using the "passwd" command to reset the password (and then restarted the router manually).
No matter what, I cannot login into the router ever again after enabling HTTPS redirect for Luci (even if the redirect is turned off and router restarted). I can, strangely, log into the router through SSH with the password I set for root.
I had to login through SSH and run the (cant remember exact) command to reset the router as if I just installed OpenWRT in order to gain access again.
More information can be found at the following URL:
You are receiving this message because you have requested it from the Flyspray bugtracking system. If you did not expect this message or don't want to receive mails in future, you can change your notification settings at the URL shown above.
More information about the openwrt-bugs