[FS#3888] Archer C7 v2: since moving to ath79, intermittent wifi interruption (Attachment added)
openwrt-bugs at lists.openwrt.org
Sat Jun 19 02:57:52 PDT 2021
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, DO NOT REPLY.
A new Flyspray task has been opened. Details are below.
User who did this - Rich (rincebrain)
Attached to Project - OpenWrt/LEDE Project
Summary - Archer C7 v2: since moving to ath79, intermittent wifi interruption
Task Type - Bug Report
Category - Base system
Status - Unconfirmed
Assigned To -
Operating System - All
Severity - Low
Priority - Very Low
Reported Version - openwrt-19.07
Due in Version - Undecided
Due Date - Undecided
Details - As the summary says - since I upgraded from 19.07.1 to 19.07.7, and from ar71xx to ath79, I have sometimes (averaging once every few days now) experienced my wifi connection misbehaving (over the 5GHz; I haven't tried staying on the 2.4 long enough to determine if it affects that too) from my laptop, the main client. When it occurs, sometimes there's a period of high latency to LAN and WAN first, then either it recovers or my ability to talk to other hosts over the LAN or WAN dies like all my traffic is blackholing, but without my wireless disconnecting - I did not think to attempt pinging/other connection to the router, I will next time.
This state persists until I manually trigger a disconnect and reconnect on my client - I tried leaving it for a minute or two, it doesn't seem to disconnect on its own or recover. So far, it's worked normally again every time immediately after reconnecting.
I also didn't have the only other convenient wifi client I use handy when this happened last (my Android phone); I'll see if it's affected at the same time next time this occurs, though since I've not noticed any issues with it, either it behaves differently or isn't affected at all.
The laptop is Win10 x64, the wireless is Intel's Wireless-AC 8265, driver version 22.214.171.124, and the driver hasn't been updated since January, so it seems less likely to be at fault.
If you look at Sat Jun 19 06:44:09 in the log attached, you can see where I manually disconnected and reconnected - I'm reasonably confident I only did that once, but memory is inherently unreliable, so who knows.
If there's any other debugging information I could usefully provide, please let me know.
One or more files have been attached.
More information can be found at the following URL:
You are receiving this message because you have requested it from the Flyspray bugtracking system. If you did not expect this message or don't want to receive mails in future, you can change your notification settings at the URL shown above.
More information about the openwrt-bugs