[FS#3858] Wireless devices lose networking
openwrt-bugs at lists.openwrt.org
Sun Jun 6 14:49:54 PDT 2021
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, DO NOT REPLY.
A new Flyspray task has been opened. Details are below.
User who did this - Wade (jediwade)
Attached to Project - OpenWrt/LEDE Project
Summary - Wireless devices lose networking
Task Type - Bug Report
Category - Base system
Status - Unconfirmed
Assigned To -
Operating System - All
Severity - Low
Priority - Very Low
Reported Version - All
Due in Version - Undecided
Due Date - Undecided
Details - Hardware: Linksys WRT3200ACM connected to AT&T BGW-210 with Passthrough enabled.
Software: OpenWRT 19.07.7, OpenWRT 21.02.0-rc2
WRT3200 configured with 10.1.1.1, BGW-210 configured with 192.168.1.254
BGW-210 has wireless disabled and only has WRT3200 connected
About two weeks ago, wireless devices started to randomly lose networking capability. They would remain connected to WiFi, but had no internet and could also not connect to the Luci interface via IP address in browser. I tried switching to 21.02.0-rc2 hoping that would fix it, but the results are the same. The only two options to fix the problem was to either reboot the WRT3200 or forget the WiFi network/name on the device having issues and then re-connect to WiFi.
My final configurations before I switched back to latest Linksys firmware (because I was going crazy with devices constantly losing internet) was just having Cloudflare DNS setup under Networking -> Interfaces -> WAN/WAN6 and maybe under LAN. No additional packages beyond the flash were installed. Attempted to give static leases to devices but that did not seem to help.
Wireless was setup as WPA2 AES (NOT WPA3 or WPA2/WPA3-mixed) with a different name for 5Ghz vs 2.4Ghz, Krack protection enabled, auto selection of channel. No other options changed. The 3rd wireless option was configured for Guest with the same settings plus isolate clients, but that config was never turned on.
Each wireless device affected would happen at its own random time. Devices connected via ethernet had no issues.
I keep all packages up-to-date and had been running with this same configuration/setup for over a year with the only change keeping OpenWRT OS version up-to-date. Sometimes I would flash the 19.07.x updates as a fresh config and re-setup everything in the same way.
If I absolutely need to re-flash to provide more information, I can but it will hurt.
More information can be found at the following URL:
You are receiving this message because you have requested it from the Flyspray bugtracking system. If you did not expect this message or don't want to receive mails in future, you can change your notification settings at the URL shown above.
More information about the openwrt-bugs