[FS#3261] DHCP IP conflict and the whole DHCP stops working
openwrt-bugs at lists.openwrt.org
Fri Jul 31 06:50:42 EDT 2020
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, DO NOT REPLY.
A new Flyspray task has been opened. Details are below.
User who did this - Sethox (Sethox)
Attached to Project - OpenWrt/LEDE Project
Summary - DHCP IP conflict and the whole DHCP stops working
Task Type - Bug Report
Category - Base system
Status - Unconfirmed
Assigned To -
Operating System - All
Severity - Very Low
Priority - Very Low
Reported Version - Trunk
Due in Version - Undecided
Due Date - Undecided
Details - Supply the following if possible:
- Device problem occurs on __Linksys WRT3200ACM__
- Software versions of OpenWrt/LEDE release, packages, etc. - __dnsmasq__
- Problem: If there is an IP conflict between two devices to LAN interface the whole DHCP stops working for the whole LAN subnet.
- Steps to reproduce
1. Set two devices/with different MAC-addresses (or more) on static leases with the same IP
- My opinion: Have the the devices trying to connect (that has a conflict) to get the error conflict IP message (on receiving end) as soon as a conflict happens; DHCP continue working despite a conflict has occurred.
More information can be found at the following URL:
You are receiving this message because you have requested it from the Flyspray bugtracking system. If you did not expect this message or don't want to receive mails in future, you can change your notification settings at the URL shown above.
More information about the openwrt-bugs