OpenWrt 21.02.7 seventh service release

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Mon May 1 14:45:46 PDT 2023

Hi,

The OpenWrt community is proud to announce the newest stable release of
the OpenWrt 21.02 stable version series. It fixes security issues and
brings a bug fix.

Download firmware images using the OpenWrt Firmware Selector:
   * https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=21.02.7
Download firmware images directly from our download servers:
   * https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.7/targets/

The OpenWrt 21.02 stable series is now end of life following the OpenWrt
Security support guidelines. We encourage all users of the OpenWrt 21.02
stable series to upgrade to OpenWrt 22.03. We will not fix any security
problems, even severe ones in the OpenWrt 21.02 release branch any more.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/security#support_status

Main changes between OpenWrt 21.02.6 and OpenWrt 21.02.7:

Security fixes
==============

   * CVE-2023-0464: openssl: Excessive Resource Usage Verifying X.509
     Policy Constraints
   * CVE-2023-0465: openssl: Invalid certificate policies in leaf
     certificates are silently ignored

Device support
==============

   * None

Various fixes and improvements
==============================

   * Fix UBI (Unsorted Block Images) bug which prevented some devices from
     booting

Core components
===============

   * Update uclient from 2021-05-14 to 2023-04-13

-----------------

Full release notes and upgrade instructions are available at
https://openwrt.org/releases/21.02/notes-21.02.7

In particular, make sure to read the regressions and known issues before
upgrading:
https://openwrt.org/releases/21.02/notes-21.02.7#known_issues

For a detailed list of all changes since 21.02.6, refer to
https://openwrt.org/releases/21.02/changelog-21.02.7

To download the 21.02.7 images, navigate to:
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.7/targets/
Use OpenWrt Firmware Selector to download:
https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=21.02.7

As always, a big thank you goes to all our active package maintainers,
testers, documenters and supporters.

Have fun!

The OpenWrt Community

---

To stay informed of new OpenWrt releases and security advisories, there
are new channels available:

   * a low-volume mailing list for important announcements: