OpenWrt 19.07.10 service release

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Wed Apr 20 15:21:43 PDT 2022

Hi,

The OpenWrt community is proud to announce the newest service release of
OpenWrt 19.07. It fixes security issues, improves device support, and
brings a few bug fixes.

OpenWrt 19.07.10 is the final release of the 19.07 release branch, this
branch is now end of life and we will not fix problems on this branch
any more, not even severe security problems. We encourage all users
still using OpenWrt 19.07 to upgrade to OpenWrt 21.02 or more recent
OpenWrt versions.

We recently moved our bugs to GitHub, please report issues over there
(after checking that nobody else posted the same issue before).
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues/

Download firmware images via the Firmware Selector or directly from our
download servers:
  * https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org
  * https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.10/

The main changes from OpenWrt 19.07.9 are:

Security fixes
==============

  * wolfssl: Fix multiple security problems
    (CVE-2022-25638, CVE-2022-25640)
  * openssl: Fix security problem (CVE-2022-0778)
  * zlib: Backport security fix for a reproducible crash in compressor

Device support
==============

  * OCEDO Raccoon: Fix link for long cables with
  * MikroTik wAP: Fix device detection

Various fixes and improvements
==============================

  * imagebuilder: Fix broken image generation with external targets
  * imagebuilder: Fix partition signature
  * patchelf: Backport fix for rpath endianness
  * base-files: Call “sync” after initial setup
  * ubus: backport Fixes for UAF and other issues

Core components
===============

  * Update Linux kernel from 4.14.167 to 4.14.275
  * Update mac80211 from 4.19.221-1 to 4.19.237-1
  * Update openssl from 1.1.1m to 1.1.1n
  * Update wolfssl from 4.7.0 to 5.2.0

Regressions
===========

  * at91 images are not created any more because the build needs Python.h
    which is not installed on the build bots.
    * To fix this issue export the missing environmental variable before
      using the ImageBuilder: export SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH=1
  * oxnas/ox820 images are not created any more because of a
    build problem

Full release notes and upgrade instructions are available at
https://openwrt.org/releases/19.07/notes-19.07.10

In particular, make sure to read the regressions and known issues before
upgrading:
https://openwrt.org/releases/19.07/notes-19.07.10#regressions

For a very detailed list of all changes since 19.07.9, refer to
https://openwrt.org/releases/19.07/changelog-19.07.10

For latest information about the 19.07 series, refer to the wiki at:
https://openwrt.org/releases/19.07/

To download a OpenWrt 19.07.10 firmware image for your device, head to
the Table of Hardware:
https://openwrt.org/toh/start

Or use the new firmware selector:
https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/

You can also navigate directly in the list of firmware images:
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.10/targets/

As always, a big thank you goes to all our active package maintainers,
testers, documenters, and supporters.

Have fun!

The OpenWrt Community

---

To stay informed of new OpenWrt releases and security advisories, there
are new channels available:

  * a low-volume mailing list for important announcements: