Real name vs. known identity in contributions

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Tue Feb 28 01:14:32 PST 2023

Jan-Niklas Burfeind <openwrt at aiyionpri.me> [2023-02-28 00:05:16]:

Hi,

> Would that be something you could see OpenWrt do as well?

BTW we're already accepting such contributions and IMO we're already somehow
compatible, since on https://openwrt.org/submitting-patches we've following:

 *  all commits must contain Signed-off-by: My Name <my at email.address> where
    you write your real name and real email address, in accordance with
    Section 11 of the Linux Kernel patches guide[1]

so we reference the same document[1] and thus anyone can argue now in the
review process, that this should be possible.

Anyway, we should probably reword that paragraph little bit to reflect this
upstream change and making it explicit.

1. https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?id=HEAD#n416

Cheers,

Petr