[VOTE] Switch 'master' to 'main' branch for repositories

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:36:12 PST 2023

On 27.02.2023 23:20, Jonathan lancett wrote:
> Hi people should cast there vote yes or no and then get on with there day If I could vote I would vote yes, but there is no point bickering about it.

I disagree. For half (or whatever) of the voting time it wasn't clear
what exactly are we voting about. I mean: real motive. I find that
critical as that may affect further project direction.

For the other half of the day I just followed discussion and I still
have some comments to share. I'll just start with somethig simple for
now.

If we've voting for "main" branch name due to some policy, I'd like to
know specfic rules. I'm afraid we may be opening a can of worms.
Who's going to decide what words should be banned and on what terms?

I was already told that some consider "blacklist" and "fat" inproper.
What about word "fast"? I'd say "slow" may be considered negative by
some people.

Should we limit banned words to branches only? Or code too? Or patch
author names? What to do with contributors with names including "good",
"white", "queen" or "king"?