[RFC] Vote via the forum polls

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Wed Mar 9 06:25:13 PST 2022

Hi,

Currently we’re using email for votes which is fine but extra work to monitor and document. Since our forum offers a _group limited_ poll function, we could also add an extra section with votes. Only people from the developer group would be able to participate, vote results and comments are always public and already documented. Fancy graphs are shown, deadlines can be defined to automatically close polls.

The biggest adventure is that openwrt-adm is a rather special and small list which only a few people follow, using the forum grants a much higher visibility.

We have the technology, should we use it?

Here is a demo:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/test-vote-just-for-testing-and-as-a-demo/122274

Best,
Paul