[RFC] Require Upstream Notification before Downstream Patching

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Fri Mar 4 06:40:44 PST 2022

Hi,

I recently got an email about the _annoyance_ that OpenWrt handles downstream patches without upstream ever seeing those. While this probably makes sense for some cases, it may result in users reporting issues upstream which were introduced by our own doing.

Should we make it a _hard_ requirement that whenever people want to add downstream patches to OpenWrt, a reference to their honest attempt adding the patch upstream is needed?

Best,
Paul