[VOTE] Use GitHub issues instead of bugs.openwrt.org

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jan 25 06:23:24 PST 2022

On Tue, 2022-01-25 at 09:23 -0300, Fernando Frediani wrote:
> So if I understand correctly a portion of the people prefers to ignore
> the fact GitHub doesn't have IPv6 support and doesn't seem to be
> worrying about it at all as if it was something secondary and also
> prefers to not send them publicly this message by refusing its usage.
> It may not look like for some but these are the type of actions that
> lack and that explains why yet in 2022 after so all these years of IPv6
> around so many content providers didn't bother about IPv6 support yet.

Indeed.

Perhaps we should propose a vote that all OpenWrt infrastructure should
*always* be accessible over IPv6. It's more than a quarter of a century
since RFC1883 was published, after all. There really is no excuse.

If that vote passes, then we should publicly state that github.com was
ruled out of consideration because it hasn't joined us in the 21st
century yet and that isn't acceptable.