OpenWrt 22.0X release plan

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Feb 20 14:57:55 PST 2022

Hi,

All the major new features for the next OpenWrt major release are mostly
merged into master. The kernel 5.10 upgrade for the bcm63xx target is
still missing.

Paul created a issue to track the remaining tasks:
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues/9248
This will be extended with new problems.

We plan to do a feature freeze of the master branch on 1. March 2022.
This means we will not add any big changes any more by that date. Minor
changes like adding support for new boards or adding a new package are
still ok, big changes like activating SELinux by default would not be oḱ.

Around 20. March 2022 we plan to branch off the next major release and
would prepare for a first release candidate about 1 week later.

Hauke