[vote] release OpenWrt 21.02 with additional SELinux SDKs and IBs

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Thu Mar 18 06:02:30 GMT 2021

Daniel Golle <daniel at makrotopia.org> [2021-03-18 02:47:40]:

Hi,

why no discussion prior to this voting? :-)

> Providing SELinux-enaled SDK and IB for all targets/subtargets allows

so we're going to build something which might not be even usable and supported
on those targets? I would start with a list of targets where it makes sense,
for example by adding some feature/config option.

Do we really want to support SELinux corner cases on really exotic targets?

> Option A: Yes, provide SELinux SDK and IB for the 21.02.x releases.

This is not an option for me, because it's too late for such a change. It's
not about the SDK/IB itself, thats mostly fine with me. It's mainly about the
possible number of additional patches needed to make SELinux enabled systems
working, which in the turn might cause regressions for !SELinux builds etc.

> Option B: Yes, and even start offering that for 21.02-SNAPSHOTS asap.
> Option C: No, let's not do any of that.

Option D: Start as always in master/snapshots and if the feature is usable
and in a shape for a release, then include it in release.

So my choice is D, if that's not an option, then I'm for C.

Cheers,

Petr