Replace oppressive terms with inclusive terms.

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Mon Jul 5 14:36:46 PDT 2021

Hi,

While I'm in favor of Daniel's motion and think the political/social
discussion is important, let's briefly look at it from a technical
perspective:

The Kernel people agreed literally a year ago[1] on a short list of
words they prefer to use for new stuff. Since we want our Kernel patches
to go upstream, we should follow these guidelines.

Sub-projects like LuCI should have this discussion independently.

Sunshine,
Paul

[1]:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=49decddd39e5f6132ccd7d9fdc3d7c470b0061bb