[Was: Re: Firmware Selector Setup]

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Mon Sep 14 14:41:10 EDT 2020

Hi,

Congrats, great work!

Here is some feedback on the staging version:

- the latest stable release should probably be the default (currently,
  snapshots is the default)

- the date is the same for all models, even for 19.07.4 images: "Mon, 14
  Sep 2020 10:14:12 GMT".  I'm not sure what this date is supposed to
  mean.

- is it possible to add 18.06?

Regarding 18.06, here is a use-case: I would like to search for a model,
and then it would give me the latest stable version for it (18.06 or
19.07).  A bit like https://openwrt.org/toh/start

Currently, when I search "WR841", it only gives me TL-WR841N v13 because
the earlier models are no longer built for 19.07.  It would be nice to
show the other models; that is, propose 18.06 as a fallback when 19.07 is
not supported.

If this is not straightforward to implement, this could be added to a
later version of YAFS: the current version is already good!

Thanks,
Baptiste