Revising OpenWrt Rules

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Wed Oct 14 20:37:29 EDT 2020

My main problem is that a lot of descriptive text is added that - in my opinion - is not necessary.

After all, the proposal reads more like a (explanatory) comment to a set of rules than a set of rules itself. (E.g. point 3 is actually not a rule at all, but just an explanation why the other rules are chosen like they are. In a law or constitution, stuff like that would be moved into a preamble.)

And where it actually adds a new precise detail (the vote deadline), my personal view is that this shouldn't be carved into stone, as it would make us inflexible. (I'd actually also drop point 7 entirely, as its first part is actually trivial).

So, my problem is a general one. I will try to have a look how we can resolve this situation (always speaking from my personal point of view, of course) during the next few days.

Let's see what the others think, I'm just a single opinion anyway.

Best

Adrian