Tag v3.0.4 is alive [Was: Re: [Was: Re: Firmware Selector Setup]]

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Thu Oct 8 15:37:34 EDT 2020

On Thu Oct 8, 2020 at 9:27 AM HST, Petr Štetiar wrote:
> Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz> [2020-09-14 12:36:09]:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Next steps:
> >
> >  - fix the `web` group/repo name clash on GitLab.com/openwrt and setup mirroring and
> >    CI/CD deployment from GitLab.com/openwrt/web/firmware-selector-openwrt-org.git
>
> done, https://gitlab.com/openwrt/web/firmware-selector-openwrt-org
>
> >  - fix remaining issues (if any) on staging and make the site officialy alive
> >    on firmware-selector.openwrt.org
>
> Git tag v3.0.4 has been deployed[1] and contains following changes since
> v3.0.1:
>
> * enable default_version by default (Paul Spooren)
> * automatically set default_version (Paul Spooren)
> * tests: test_spa: assure that selected version is stable release (Petr
> Štetiar)
> * misc/collect.py: move file check into update_conf (Moritz Warning)
> * misc/collect.py: cleanup www_path variable (Moritz Warning)
> * README.md: fix scrape command example (Moritz Warning)
> * README.md: add documentation for {base} variable (Moritz Warning)
> * misc/collect.py: fixup type change of variable profiles (Moritz
> Warning)
> * misc/collect.py: introduce variable {base} to fix download_url (Moritz
> Warning)
> * misc/collect.py: include build_date field for each device (Moritz
> Warning)
> * misc/collect.py: use list to collect profile.json data (Moritz
> Warning)
> * www/index.js: allow deep linking (Moritz Warning)
> * www/index.js: keep device selected across versions (Moritz Warning)
> * www/index.js: deterministic version order and introduce
> default_version (Moritz Warning)
> * www/index.js: avoid use of c style for loop (Moritz Warning)
> * www/index.js: replace var by let and const (Moritz Warning)

Thanks Petr for the update! Appreciate all the CI stuff you created!

> Don't know if that list above contains all the feedback recevied to the
> previous version and this is ready for the prime time.
>
> 1. https://firmware-selector.staging.openwrt.org

I think this is still a well kept secret, so staging doesn't really
received a lot of testing, did it?. I'd deploy it and announce it via
openwrt.org and the announcement newsletter. Wait for more feedback. It's
a static thing after all, I don't see any load/performance issues to
raise.

Maybe before final deployment I'd add a feedback link to the footer to
keep the platform distribution of bug reports minimal. I'd suggest to use
the GitLab repo issues for that and not bugs.openwrt.org.

Again, thanks Moritz and Petr for working on this!

Sunshine,
Paul