Revising OpenWrt Rules

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:30:54 EDT 2020

Thanks all for the thoughts about revising the OpenWrt rules. I will work on a second draft this week. (It might have to wait 'til the weekend...)

My original note (from 15 Sep 2020) seems to have unearthed two points of discussion. Both hang on the notion of *trust* - the trust of Decisionmakers toward each other, and the trust the OpenWrt community places in the Decisionmakers. Those points are:

- Who has commit rights? My sense of the discussion is that we can give commit rights to any Decisionmaker who asks. We trust those members not to exceed their skills.

- Our obligation to the OpenWrt community is one of openness in decisions. Although there may be sensitive subjects discussed in private (personnel matters and security issues were mentioned), the broad strokes of the reasoning behind all decisions must be public.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Rich