Publish firmware selector

Aaron Z aczlan+ledev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:45:04 EST 2020

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 4:05 AM Paul Spooren <mail at aparcar.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> The firmware selector is a simple search form where end-users can find
> firmware images for devices. It's based on Moritz Warnings great work,
> featuring Petr and Richs code and comments.
> A staging version can be found here:
> https://firmware-selector.staging.openwrt.org/
Can someone look at the TP-Link entries that the search is pulling from?
Searching for anything from TP-Link returns duplicates of all the
entries with one set being formatted (for example) as "TP-Link
TL-WR1043N/ND v3" and the other being formatted as "TP-LINK
TL-WR1043N/ND v3" but both point to the same file.
I did not see this behaviour for Asus, Buffalo Cisco, or Ubiquity.

Re @Thomas Endt's questions on the need for this, IMO it's much more
responsive than the TOH (which frequently causes the browser tab to
lock up).
I agree with @Fernando Frediani's assessment that a link to the wiki
page for the devices would be good as would perhaps a flag to say "You
can't just flash this image from the stock web interface, you need to
do something special (SSH, TFTP, etc)"

Aaron Z