Publish firmware selector

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Thu Nov 5 07:24:12 EST 2020

Hi Paul,
Hi Moritz,

On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 11:02:25PM -1000, Paul Spooren wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The firmware selector is a simple search form where end-users can find
> firmware images for devices. It's based on Moritz Warnings great work,
> featuring Petr and Richs code and comments.

Great work, I'm happy to see this is moving forward.

> A staging version can be found here:
> https://firmware-selector.staging.openwrt.org/

Tried for a bit, it's missing a lot of ar71xx-only devices :(
That's sad, because most of them won't ever be added to ath79 and it's
kinda the last chance for users finding more or less up to date
firmware for them. Examples: Allnet ALL0305, Allnet ALL0258N,
ALFA Networks Hornet-UB, ...
Are there plans to make images for those available as well and/or
indicate whether the ath79 or ar71xx variant is being referenced?

I also noticed that when searching for RaspberryPi 3B, it is not
clear whether the 64-bit (bcm2910) or the 32-bit (bcm2909) build is
being probivded, it may be quite crucial for users to know that.