[OpenWrt-Devel] patchwork

Alexandru Ardelean ardeleanalex at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 03:39:01 EST 2018

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:31 AM, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to close all ~1000 un-handled patches from the last 3 years and
> only keep stuff from the last 6 months. any problem with that ?

To add here.
Would it be possible/desire-able to add an auto-timeout to patchwork &
github PRs, issues to close after X time ?
Maybe make it official as part of the submission process.

Reason is: they pile up ; number of stuff can be too much for the same
number of core people that have to handle them.
And I bet it can be psychologically daunting/depressing to open up
Github/patchwork and see 1000 unresolved stuff, and then people have
to work up the mood/will to start going through them.

Naturally, an auto-message can be added saying "please re-submit this
as the auto-timeout has been reached", as to reduce
offending/pissing-off people.

This can work nicely as an auto-triaging of stuff, since people will
make an effort to re-open PRs, resubmit patches.
This shows interest and effort for something to go in.

Obviously, it's just an idea/proposal.
Feel free to disagree/discard/etc :)

>     John

Alex