Remerge coordinator required

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Mon Oct 2 14:49:25 EDT 2017

On 10/02/2017 05:01 PM, Alexandru Ardelean wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 5:48 PM, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
>>

>> On 02/10/17 15:26, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello fellow devs,
>>>
>>> now that the domains are transferred and SPI liaison situation is
>>> cleared up, we urgently need someone actively driving the project merger.
>>>
>>>  From what I can see, nobody among those voting for a remerge on the LEDE
>>> side is currently actively pursuing that goal.
>>>
>>> I know that this is a spare time project and that people involved rather
>>> invest their time in development and not management issues, but the way
>>> I see it is that there simply will be no merge at all unless people
>>> actually start working on it.
>>>
>>> Personally I lack the time and commitment to hold the strings but will
>>> gladly help with implementing required changes.
>>>

>>> So please, someone step up and volunteer for the task coordination if
>>> you wish the merger to succeed.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Jo
>>>
>> Hi Jo,
>>
>> thanks for the mail, I feel the same way. I wish I had the time to take care
>> of the remerge, but i am unfortunately head under with work and real life
>> atm. Hoping that one of the many folks that took such a big interest in the
>> remerge will step up and start making it happen.
>>
>>     John
>
> Not that I am saying that I am eligible for this.
> But I am interested in the remerge.
>
> What is entailed to doing the re-merge ?
> Maybe a "Job Description" would help.
>
> AFAICT, it's:
> * renaming the current OpenWrt to OpenWrt_old,
> * renaming LEDE to OpenWrt
> * diff, port stuff from OpenWrt to LEDE
> * rename  lede-project.org to  openwrt.org
> * redirect lede-project.org to openwrt.org
> * diff old infrastructure with new infrastructure, and see what
> remains & how to do a "old-page old links thing"

Sound good.

> Btw: it may be that this email is disregarded by lede-adm, since I
> don't think I have rights to send to it.
> But hope this helps a bit.
>
> Thanks
> Alex

Hi,

I would like to take care about the repo merge.
I will go trough the OpenWrt git repository and look for stuff that is
not yet in LEDE. If I think it looks good I will merge it into the LEDE
code base, otherwise I will provide a list with all the commits I think
we should discuss.

Is that OK with all of you?

For actually moving the repository I would need some help, but I can
coordinate that.

How will take care of merging the websites?
Imre wanted a different website design, but I am unable to do such
stuff. I do not care about the design, but I like that it is a wiki.

Hauke