[LEDE-DEV] [OpenWrt-Devel] openwrt and lede - remerge proposal V2

Imre Kaloz kaloz at openwrt.org
Mon May 22 13:11:39 EDT 2017

Hi,

On 2017-05-22 03:10, John Crispin wrote:

> On 22/05/17 11:02, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>> On 05/22/2017 09:40 AM, John Crispin wrote:
>>> *) branding
>>> - the owrt side sees no option of using the lede brand
>>> - a (minor) majority voted for openwrt as a name over lede whilst
>>> most people said they did not care
>>> - as the last vote had a 100% ACK for a remerge using the owrt brand
>>> is the only feasible option
>>
>> Since the project is going to be known/accessible under OpenWrt name
>> now, I
>> want also mbm and Kaloz to share #openwrt and #openwrt-devel privileges.
>>
>> There were many times op was needed but mbm/Kaloz weren't around.
>>
>> I was refused/ignored multiple times when asking for that, so I
>> wanted to
>> bring it as this point to be clear. Is that OK for you guys?
>>
> i'll add it to V3
Sorry Rafal, don't get me wrong but this isn't true. It might haven't
been documented well (like quite a few things) but you have been told
years ago: everyone who has a project cloak has access to everything.
What have been refused is to make a special exception just for you to
get it without that.

Imre