Linux Foundation

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Mon Mar 6 04:01:28 EST 2017

1) do we want to remerge

Yes, under the previously named conditions that rules and source tree
are adopted from the lede project, ...

2) do we want to rebrand

neutral, i see many bad things attached to the owrt brand, however i
find that the lede name is not very good either and has the taste of the
reboot attached to it.

to me it looks like the vote will result in the vast majority saying
that they want to remerge and dont care about the name. only a small
fraction will be biased towards a name. this would make the remerge not
happen and the discussion circle around the colour of the flag. this in
turn undermines the whole purpose of why the reboot happened and the
same crowd that in the past had problems finding common ground would be
at it again. i'd rather put the focus on the rules and changes to the
modus operandi being put in place

i can live with adopting the owrt again as this was never part of the
reason of the reboot. remerging and adopting the rules has a far higher
priority to me and the name is only a small detail that is blocking the
remerge.