Final Call for Comments: Switch main web site to the wiki

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 09:11:50 EST 2016

Proposal:

LEDE should change its main www.lede-project.org web presence to the wiki system, currently at wiki.lede-project.org

Justifications:

- The Wiki now mirrors all the content of the main WWW site
- The top-level pages of the wiki are protected against modification by non-admins.
- It is (cognitively) somewhat expensive for admins to maintain two web presences with similar content
- It is cognitively very expensive for readers - there is no shared search system, so it's hard for newcomers to know where to look.
- It is a Dokuwiki system, and thus familiar to all OpenWrt contributors
- It is vastly easier for project members to add content to a wiki system. Documentation is currently only being updated/added in the wiki.

The first RFC for this proposal was posted on 25 Oct. There have been no responses, except for messages of support from the people proposing this change. (See http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-adm/2016-October/000252.html et seq.)

I don't know a reasonable amount of time for final comments. If there are no outstanding issues by Saturday, 26 November, can we declare consensus has been reached, and begin the transition process?

I will send a separate note proposing the steps that would be taken. Thanks.

Rich