[RFC] Future meeting organization

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Tue May 31 05:33:08 EDT 2016

On 26/05/2016 15:15, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> another topic I'd like to discuss is how we stage future meetings. I
> received feedback from various sides asking for a stronger preference on
> mailing lists and less reliance on IRC.
>
> Personally I'd like to propose that we assemble agenda items and discuss
> topics on this list (lede-adm@) in the future in order to reduce the IRC
> meetings to a bare minimum, basically only to vote and document the
> agreements previously reached on the list.
>
> In case that a new voting mechanism is implemented (e.g. liquid
> feedback) we could abolish the IRC meetings entirely or turn them into
> regular informal discussion rounds...
>
> Whats your thoughts on that?
>
> ~ Jo

lets give it a try, the problem is that we will see people taking over
threads and diverging from topic. but we should try and see what happens.

it sort of becomes a !meeting as there is no meetup of folks. we should
rename the process of meetings i guess to match these mailing list
discussions.

	John